In this hybrid 5-day professional certificate program, participants will have the opportunity to understand how biometric and forensic intelligence has become an important component in safeguarding public safety and security across government.
Participants will explore the foundations, applications, and disciplines of forensic intelligence as well as the policy, legal, and ethical considerations surrounding it.
This program is held in a self-paced, hybrid format where you will receive live instruction and guidance from your instructor as well as complete the remainder of the modules at your own pace
The Forensic Intelligence and Governance Course explores the connection between Forensic Intelligence (FI) and:
- Decision-making in public safety
- Public and national security concerns
- Biometrics technology
- Traditional forensic sciences (chemistry and biology)
- Policy, legal, and ethical considerations
- Effective strategies for implementation
Upon completion of the program, participants will earn a Certificate in Forensic Intelligence & Governance from Florida International University.
The program is presented in English.
For more information, please contact JGIExecEd@fiu.edu
SCHEDULE AND REGISTRATION
- July 13, 15, 20, 22 and 27, 2021
- $790 USD per participant
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Intelligence industry professionals, including transitioning military personnel, veterans, first responders, and policymakers.
Module 1: Introduction to Forensic Intelligence (FI)
· Understand the concept of intelligence analysis
· Understand the foundations of FI and its application to public safety and security
· Understand structured analytic techniques and their use in intelligence analysis
· Develop the ability to recommend FI strategies for your organization
Module 2: Forensic Intelligence and Biometrics
· Understand biometrics, its multiple modalities, and their application to FI
· Develop an understanding of the biometric technologies, their capabilities, and limitations
Module 3: Forensic Intelligence and Forensic Science
· Understand traditional forensic sciences (chemistry and biology) and their applications to FI
· Develop an understanding of forensic science technologies, their capabilities, and limitations
Module 4: Forensic Intelligence and Digital Forensics
· Understand digital forensics and its application to FI
· Develop an understanding of digital forensics technologies, their capabilities, and limitations
Module 5: Forensic Intelligence and the Impact on Security & the Administration of Justice
· Develop an understanding of how FI impacts decision-making in public safety and security issues
· Understand the policy, legal, and ethical considerations surrounding FI
· Examine the most effective strategies for implementing FI