Cybersecurity Leadership and Strategy Executive Certificate Program
Florida International University | Miami, Florida
In partnership with:
In this 2-day executive certificate program, participants will engage with academics, industry leaders, and cybersecurity experts in assessing the most critical cyber threats facing the public and private sectors in the 21st century.
Participants will be exposed to the best practices about organizational structures, operative processes, and legal considerations in the prevention and management of cybersecurity.
Participants will learn cybersecurity strategies and the most effective approaches to implementing them in the workplace.
Upon completion of the program, participants will earn an Executive Certificate in Cybersecurity Leadership and Strategy from Florida International University.
The program is presented in English with simultaneous interpretation into Spanish, as needed.
For more information, contact JGIExecEd@fiu.edu
To register, click here
SCHEDULE AND REGISTRATION
PROGRAM DATES AND LOCATION:
- May 11-12, 2020
- Florida International University | Miami, FL
- $1,995 USD per participant
- Nationals and residents of Organization of American States' member countries receive a 50% discount on registration. Use code OEACLS50MIA at checkout.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Leaders of the public and private sector in areas including government, education, law, finance, consulting, energy, healthcare, security, national defense and others that seek to protect the networks and data of their organizations and develop skills of crucial importance in the area of cybersecurity.
Module 1: Emerging Threats
- Develop an understanding of the current and emerging cyber threats facing the public and private sectors: crime, information, intelligence and cyber operations.
- Examine the types of state and non-state actors perpetuating cyber threats.
- Assess the challenges and opportunities in combating current and emerging cyber threats.
Module 1.5: Identifying threats exercise
- Identify international and domestic groups that are most likely to target your organization in a cyber-operation.
Module 2: Organizational Cybersecurity Strategy
- Develop an understanding of the interconnectedness of policy, operations and technology.
- Examine the most effective structures, authorities, and processes as well as the risk considerations that should be taken into account.
- Assess the impact of policy on the private sector and how the private sector can support the government in countering cybersecurity threats.
Module 2.5: Organizational Cybersecurity Strategy exercise
Module 3: Developing Strategies
- Develop an understanding of the difference between Policy and Strategy.
- Understand the key considerations for the development of a cybersecurity strategy at the enterprise and national levels.
- Establish fundamental building blocks for a sustainable cybersecurity framework at a national level.
- Understand assessment tools for developing a cybersecurity strategy.
- Establish fundamental building blocks for a sustainable cybersecurity framework.
Module 3.5: Identifying your strategic needs - Exercise
- Identifying cyber strategic requirements for their community.
Module 4: Effective Implementation
- Develop an understanding of the challenges in implementing policies and strategies in both the public and private sectors.
- Examine the keys to successful implementation of strategies to combat cyber threats.
- Assess ways to measure effective implementation to safeguard national security and critical infrastructure.
Module 4.5: Responding to a Cyber Attack Simulation Exercise
- Test newly acquired skills and techniques in responding to a cyber-attack.
- Assess understanding of contents offered.