Cybersecurity Leadership and Strategy Executive Certificate Program
In partnership with:
In this virtual executive certificate program, participants will engage with academics, industry leaders, and cybersecurity experts in assessing the most critical cyber threats facing the public and private sectors in the 21st century.
Participants will be exposed to the best practices about organizational structures, operative processes, and legal considerations in the prevention and management of cybersecurity.
Participants will learn cybersecurity strategies and the most effective approaches to implementing them in the workplace.
Upon completion of the program, participants will earn an Executive Certificate in Cybersecurity Leadership and Strategy from Florida International University.
For more information, contact JGIExecEd@fiu.edu
Registration is now Closed
SCHEDULE AND REGISTRATION
- Module 1: Emerging Threats - Tuesday, May 26, 2020
- Module 2: Cybersecurity Strategies - Thursday, May 28, 2020
- Module 3: Cybersecurity Planning - Tuesday, June 2, 2020
- Module 4: Effective Implementation - Thursday, June 4, 2020
The program will be done through Zoom.
- The cost of the program is US $395 per person payable by credit card or wire transfer. Once payment is completed, an email will be sent with a Zoom session information.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Leaders of the public and private sector in areas including government, education, law, finance, consulting, energy, healthcare, security, national defense and others that seek to protect the networks and data of their organizations and develop skills of crucial importance in the area of cybersecurity.
Module 1: Emerging Threats
- Develop an understanding of the current and emerging cyber threats facing the public and private sectors: crime, information, intelligence and cyber operations
- Examine the types of state and non-state actors perpetuating cyber threats
- Understand the common types of cyberattacks: what works, what does not; what is becoming more popular
- Assess the challenges and opportunities in combatting current and emerging cyber threats
Module 1.5: Identifying Threats Exercise
- Identify international and domestic groups that are most likely to target your organization in a cyber-operation.
Module 2: Cybersecurity Strategies
- Develop an understanding of what makes up a successful strategies
- Understand the differences between national, regional, and local strategies as well as the difference between private and public sector strategies
- Examine the most effective structures, authorities, and processes as well as risk considerations
Module 2.5: Identify cyber strategic requirements for their community
- Identify how your community is different and the same as others; what can you learn from other strategies
- Build an analytic framework from which you can build a cyber defense plan
Module 3: Cybersecurity Planning
- Develop an understanding of the confluence of planning and cyberspace
- Understand the key considerations for the development of a cybersecurity plan
- Understand the differences between national, regional, and local plans as well as the difference between private and public sector plans
- Understand assessment tools for developing a cybersecurity plan
- Establish fundamental building blocks for your plan by examining existing cybersecurity frameworks
Module 3.5: Identifying your Cybersecurity Planning Needs Exercise
- Understand how to build a defensive cybersecurity plan for your organization
Module 4: Effective Implementation
- Develop an understanding of the challenges in implementing strategies and plans in both the public and private sectors
- Examine the keys to a successful implementation of plans to combat cyber threats
- Assess ways to measure effective implementation to safeguard national security and critical infrastructure
Module 4.5: Responding To a Cyber Attack Simulation Exercise Learning Objectives
- Test newly acquired skills and techniques in responding to a cyber-attack
- Gain an understanding of how a plan is operationalized
- Assess understanding of contents offered