Global Challenges and Policy Innovation Executive Certificate
This dynamic four-module online program gives participants the opportunity to interact with experts and professionals analyzing global challenges and their impact on innovation and public management.
The program will be developed in an environment of academic and practical discussion, in order to strengthen institutional capacities and leadership to understand new challenges, generate innovative strategies and solutions.
Upon completion of the program, participants will receive a certificate in Global Challenges and Innovation in Public Policy issued by Florida International University.
The completion of the course is subject to the enrollment of a minimum number of people.
Tuesday, July 21 - Friday, July 24, 9 AM - 12 PM Eastern Standard Time
The cost of the program is US $395 per person payable by credit card or wire transfer. Once payment is completed, an email will be sent with a Zoom session information.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Local, regional and national authorities.
- Officials of public institutions.
- Representatives of civil society and the private sector.
I. SMART GOVERNMENTS AND THE SAFE USE OF NEW TECHNOLOGIES - Tuesday, July 21st
- Promote the importance of information protection and data in the daily use of technologies and the role of cybersecurity in the public and private sphere.
- Deepen the knowledge and typologies of risk factors linked to digital security.
- Design protocols for action and implement preventive measures.
II. SMART GOVERNMENTS AND THE SAFE USE OF NEW TECHNOLOGIES - Wednesday, July 22nd
- Understand the conceptual framework of public innovation and raise awareness about the importance of creativity in the process.
- Understand the process of public innovation.
- Identify public policy policies that promote innovative and ethical local economic initiatives.
III. GOVERNANCE TRENDS IN DISASTER RISK MANAGEMENT – Thursday, July 23rd
- Identify the actors involved in the disaster risk management cycle.
- Examine gaps and weaknesses in the public policy process that negatively affects policy implementation and enforcement with regard to comprehensive disaster risk management.
- Assess and interpret governance mechanisms and trends to improve transparency and accountability within disaster risk management.
- Identify and analyze essential elements for a comprehensive and sustainable policy to successfully operationalize disaster risk into regulatory frameworks, roles, and responsibilities.
IV. BUILDING TRUST: LEADERSHIP AND STRATEGIC COMMUNICATION – Friday, July 24th
- Understand the importance of good governance to generate leadership.
- Understand and apply best practices in crisis management and design high-impact policies.
- Analyze experiences and cases of strategic communication.