Cybersecurity Leadership and Strategy
OAS General Secretariat Building | Washington DC
Para información en Español, click aquí
In this 2-day advanced certificate program, participants will engage academics, industry leaders, and security professionals in assessing the most critical cyber threats facing the public and private sectors in the 21st century. Participants will learn best practices about organizational structures, processes, and legal considerations. Participants will also be exposed to strategies and the most effective approaches to implementing strategies in the workplace. Upon completion of the program, participants will earn an Executive Certificate in Cybersecurity Leadership and Strategy from Florida International University.
For more information, contact JGIExecEd@fiu.edu
SCHEDULE AND REGISTRATION
- October 18-19, 2018 | Washington, DC
- $1,995 USD per participant
- OAS Members receive 50% discount
- Group/company program sponsorships available
DEADLINE TO REGISTER IS FRIDAY, OCTOBER 12, 2018
KEY LEARNING OBJECTIVES
Module 1: Emerging Threats
- Develop an understanding of the current and emerging cyber threats facing the public and private sectors.
- Examine the types of state and non-state actors perpetuating cyber threats
- Assess the challenges and opportunities in combatting current and emerging cyber threats.
Module 2: Organizing In and Outside of the Government
- Develop an understanding of interconnectedness of policy, operations and technology.
- Examine the risk considerations that should be taken into account to ensure the most effective structures, authorities, and processes.
- Assess the impact of policy on the private sector and how the private sector can support the government in countering cybersecurity threats.
Module 3: Developing Strategies
- Develop an understanding of the nature of emergent and future cyber threats.
- Evaluate strategic responses to these threats at the state-level.
- Establish fundamental building blocks for a sustainable cybersecurity framework at a national level.
- Develop an understanding of both offensive and defensive strategies and the cost-benefit analysis of investing in either.
Module 4: Effective Implementation
- Develop an understanding of the challenges in implementing policies and strategies in both the public and private sectors.
- Examine the keys to successful implementation of strategies to combat cyber threats.
- Assess ways to measure effective implementation to safeguard national security and critical infrastructure.
Module 5: Responding to a Cyber Attack Simulation Exercise
In partnership with: