- Academic Certificates
- Undergraduate Certificate in Public Policy
- Public Policy Certificate Requirements
Public Policy Certificate Requirements
The certificate program requires completion of 18 semester hours of college credit. American Government (POS 2042) is recommended as a prerequisite course. All students must then complete a common core of coursework by selecting one course from each of the following three core categories for a total of nine hours. Then, the student must fulfill the requirement of one of the four internship tracks:Federal Policy, State Policy, Local Policy, or Non-Profit Policy.
Course Courses (9 credit hours)
Selection one of the following courses:
- ECO 2023: Principles of Microeconomics
- ECO 2013: Principals of Microeconomics
Select one of the following courses:
- POS 3424: The Legislative Process
- PAD 3033: Administrators and the Legislative Process
- PAD 4223: Public Sector Budgeting
Select one, three credit hour certificate course. Students are encouraged to take a public policy issues course in their major, if it is offered, to satisfy this requirement.