- Academic Certificates
- Undergraduate Certificate in North American Studies
- North American Studies Certificate Requirements
North American Studies Certificate Requirements
The North American Studies Certificate is available for any degree-seeking student at Florida International University pursuing a bachelor's degree.
A student may acquire the North American Studies Certificate by fulfilling the following requirements:
- General Requirements: A minimum of six courses (18 credit hours) with a grade of "C" or higher in each course.
- The program director must approve the student's overall plan of study and any topics or area studies courses. With approval from the director, courses other than those listed herein may be substituted on a case-by-case basis.
- Students enrolled in the North American Studies Certificate is encouraged to participate in a study abroad program. Credit for such programs will be awarded on an individual basis after evaluation by the program director, but in no case will consist of more than two courses towards the certificate.