I. Core Courses
- CPO 4047: Politics of North American Cooperation, or ISS 4284: North American Integration
- An upper division course in the history of the United States, Canada or Mexico. Approval by the program director is required.
- GEW 3212: Geography of North America
II. Specialized Courses
Students must select three courses (a total of 9 credit hours) from the following lists. Courses must be selected from at least two different disciplines.
Note: This is not an exhaustive list; students should consult with the director of the program on current offerings.
- LAH 3132: The Formation of Latin America
- LAH 4433: Modern Mexico
- LAH 4750: Law and Society in Latin American History
- An upper division course in the history of the United States, Canada, or Mexico. It may not be the same course as that selected for a core history course. Approval from the program director is required.
Interdisciplinary Social Science
- ISS 3280: Canadian Government, Politics, and Policy
- French (3 hours at the 3000 level or higher)
- Spanish (3 hours at the 3000 level or higher)
Politics and International Relations
- CPO 4340: Politics of Mexico
- INR 3102: American Foreign Policy
- INR 3303: Foreign Policymaking
- INR 4521: Politics of Regional Integration
- POS 3064: Federalism
- POT 3204: American Political Thought
- REL 3120: Religion in America
- REL 3197: Topics in Race and Religion of North America
- REL 3380: Native American Religions